“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

~Mark Twain

Monday, July 23, 2012

I like washing the TV very much


I teach English on Saturday mornings to about 25 students ages 16 to 54. It's a very diverse group, but they are all excited to be learning English. Their homework this week was to write a paragraph describing themselves. Here are some of my favorites:

My name is Barry. I have 19 years old and teint black. I am a short boy. I am also fat boy, a big head and small eyes et black hair. I have a small mouth. 
Sounds like such an attractive young man. 

I like washing the TV very much
Hopefully he unplugs it first or doesn't use water.

Firsty, I'm a present...
???

I'm black boy. I like the childs.
In the US this would send up so many red flags.

I've got black hair and white eyes
Not sure why this was the most common descriptive phrase used.

I'm not married so my best friend come to divorced with her wife because she is always hungry...I's sunny and in my bedroom, I'm hot. I hope you haven't forgotten me?...I'm not so greedy after all. I just like food....I dream to fly in America.
Not sure what I can even say about this.

My name is Camara Mohamed Aissata II. I'm a young man, I'm a single. I'm a nice man, a smart man. I'm a pretty boy, I'm a jealous man. 
At least one student can write positive things about himself. I hope this wasn't a come-on.

I am a little ugly. I have a small mouth and short eyes.
Again, what is with Guinean self deprecation / honesty. 

I want to travel in America to so sea in Salematou a house. NB: I like my mistress Salematou beaucoup. She is taught very good the lecons in English. 
NB stands for Notez Bien. I think she is sucking up so that I invite her to America to "sea" my house. 



3 comments:

  1. Salematou write nice blog very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog and the last one are a riot!! So funny - keep us laughing.

    Also, you need to post new pictures on the blog!!! xxxo Mom

    ReplyDelete