“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

~Mark Twain

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Because we can



My sister trying to do crowd control. See the huge speaker?
What happens if you take a camera out
As I said in my last post, I have been très occupé. I have been in the office or around town for meetings from 8-5:30 which is a long work day when life is also so time consuming and you walk 30 minutes each way to work and daylight ends at 7:30 and you have no electricity. Today I got home around 6 and was planning to skip dinner, get into bed and watch a movie on my laptop. As I approached my house, I heard loud music. A wedding in the neighborhood? Now that Ramadan is over, weddings will start up again. Nope. My host dad owns giant speakers, like professional DJ speakers, that he let people borrow for weddings, baptisms, ect. For no reason other than Ramadan’s over so we can listen to music, so boys rented a generator and borrowed the speakers to have a dance party. I can home to 50+ children dancing to LOUD Guinean music and chanting my name. So instead of a nap, I had to dance solo for the crowd for 15 minutes to Guinean music while they shouted Salématou! Salématou! At least I can’t complain that my life is boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment