“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

~Mark Twain

Thursday, May 31, 2012

How Long's it Been?


It’s been over 2 weeks since I’ve had internet access. Congrats to my 2012 Hoyas!! Welcome to the real world. I was in Mamou, a town about 3 hours away for 2 ½ weeks of In-Service Training (IST). Breakfast was at 7, even though we all rolled in around 7:45, and classes ended at 5:30. We had no days off and at night we did what you would expect a group of 30 friends who had not seen each other in months would do. I got very little sleep, but learned a ton and am ready to launch a million projects in my town. Well, not a million. As my APCD reminded us, we need to take everything petit à petit. Sustainability of projects is much more important than quantity. I’m going to break up the post about IST into a few little posts, so you can read what you are interested in and skip what you are not. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment